Thanks to the excellent antibacterial and hypoallergenic qualities of bamboo fiber that protect our skin when used as a bedding option. Bamboo bed sheets give the user a feeling of rejuvenation and allows the skin to breathe while sleeping. Bamboo fiber has the suppleness like silk and is odor resistant. Bamboo as a fabric is not only skin friendly but also biodegradable and earth friendly.
If you are well aware of the positive attributes of a bamboo bedding and have taken the time to add it to your sleep system, you want it to last long. Like any other bed sheet made from natural fiber you need to wash and clean your bamboo bed sheets on a regular basis. Here are a few useful tips to launder your bamboo sheets and keep them intact for years to come –
- Wash the sheets regularly to avoid germs and growth of bacteria that can harm the bamboo sheets.
- You can wash the bamboo sheets in the washing machine, though a hand wash is recommended for better care.
- Always wash your organic bed sheets in cold water and avoid the use of fabric softeners.
- Use a mild detergent or the one with no harmful chemicals to wash your bamboo fiber sheets.
- A chlorine free stain remover should be used to eliminate stubborn stains. The use of bleach on natural fiber sheets should be avoided to maintain the original color and texture.
- To gently brighten the fabric, you can use baking soda in the washing cycle. Baking soda will act as a natural fabric brightener and will not damage the fabric.
- It is recommended to line dry the sheets as it will help you to save both electricity and money. If required, tumble dry on low heat and remove immediately.
- There is a reason why manufacturers provide care instructions with the products. Some products need special care and so do your organic sheets. Bamboo fabric is prone to shrinking and some come pre-shrunk. You must read all manufacturer instructions carefully before laundering your bed sheets especially when washing for the first time.
- If you like to iron your bed sheets, you will be amazed to see that these linens iron like a dream. You can use high heat and steam to do so.
Bamboo bed sheets are becoming increasingly popular. There are several manufacturers offering organic bedding in various qualities and prices. All you need to do is to opt a reputed supplier offering quality products. Do not compromise with quality to save a little amount, as a good quality bamboo bedding can serve you with its health and other benefits for years to come. Of course! Do not forget the regular cleaning of these sheets for best results.